Need help formatting your ebook and paperback files before publishing? We are here to help.
• Cover Image (jpeg for ebook)
Ebook and Paperback Formatting
**NOTE: With the purchase of an epub file format you will receive appropriately formatted files for all of the following: Apple, KOBO, B&N, and Smashwords
*Please note that payment for formatting is due at time of submission. Client is responsible for all proofreading and for submitting complete files
|What Formatting Includes
• Formatting of Microsoft Word files into mobi (Kindle) and epub (Nook) formats.
• Validation of page numbering for print books.
• Validation of with current version of Kindle software and Nook software.
|What Formatting Does Not Include
• Creation of pages (ie: cover pages, dedication, acknowledgments): All pages must be submitted with file
How does the process work?
• The client submits files, then the files are converted and reviewed. The files are submitted to client for verification and approval of formats.
How long does the process take?
• Typical turnaround time is 7-10 days. You will be notified within 24 hours of receipt of your files and estimated completion date
Changes To Formatted Files
• Changes to already formatted files can incur further cost and is negotiable with the formatter.
What if I receive a file and it’s not formatted properly?
• You will have 72 hours to request a correction. If the error is ours (a true formatting issue), it will be fixed at no charge. However, if the error was within your original file (ie: editing, correction, etc.) you will incur the change fees noted above.
What if I want to make a change after proofreading and finding errors after publication?
• The change fees, can vary, and need to be negotiated with the formatter.
How do I validate my format without uploading it to a retailer?
• Download Kindle or Nook for PC or Mac (free downloads), save the formatted file to your computer, then right click, and choose “open with” the appropriate program